|Recipe of the Month ...
- Cook Time:4 hr 0 min
- Level: Easy
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 4 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (4 to 6-pound) brisket
- 3/4 cup your favorite barbeque sauce, optional
- 4 handfuls mesquite wood chips , soaked in water
In bowl, blend dry spices together to use as a rub. Moisten brisket with water. Coat the entire brisket with the spice rub. Press spices into meat with your hands. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Preheat a grill for indirect heat, banking coals and soaked mesquite wood chips in a circle around the sides of a grill. Set a drip pan with water in the center of the ring. Place brisket on the grill rack over the pan of water.
Keep cooking temperature in grill between 180 to 220 degrees F until done. Allow about 45 minutes per pound until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, adding new coals as necessary.
For a sweet glaze, baste with your favorite barbeque sauce during the final 15 minutes of cooking.